From Peter Roderick
“The Mackay amendment is both dangerous and enlightening. It introduces a political,rather than a legal, statement as subsecton (a), which is unlikely to get past the Parliamentary draughtspersons. More importantly in (b) it makes clear that the focus of the new secton 1(2) is interventon by the giving of directons in the event of seven listed circumstances of failures, emergencies and breaches of duty to cooperate. This is a far cry from the current secton 1(2), and demonstrates the government’s intenton of removing the Secretary of State’s duty to provide or secure provision of health services in England. Although the Mackay amendment also refers to other functons, in this regard it is just like the government’s proposed section 1(2) in Clause 1, and offers nothing.”
- RT @Shrink_at_Large: My Guardian letter in response to the UN poverty envoy (@Alston_UNSR) saying austerity has inflicted ‘great misery’ on… 7 hours ago
- RT @LDNBikeKitchen: Build your own wheels? YES YOU CAN! Give it a go in our newly restructured wheel building class: now only 3 hours and h… 8 hours ago
- RT @velocast: Bloody hell, Kraftwerk have let themselves go a bit. https://t.co/L1LkBsmxG4 8 hours ago
- RT @medicineunboxed: From ‘Illness’ by Havi Carel speaking at #mu18love https://t.co/tzAXgSiJUt 8 hours ago
- RT @IanDunt: Seeing way too many told-you-so tweets by Remainers on factory closures, curry house staff shortages. 8 hours ago
- Hope and salutogensis
- Reflections on medical culture and the Bawa Garba case
- Book list
- Dr Jonathan Tomlinson Law And Justice Interview – SoundCloud
- The Adverse Childhood Experiences evidence base–a wake up call to radically redesign Children’s Mental Health Services.
- What happens to empathy in medical education?
- Trauma and the self
- Trauma and testimony
- We need to talk about trauma
- What is a GP?
- An ideal specialist service?
- Don’t talk to me (an evidence-based poem)
- Hayfever and The Inverse Care Law
- Empathy, shame and medical professionals
- Bad encounters
- Poverty Medicine: A GP and medical educator’s journey
- Hmm, this Feels a Bit Unusual: My Advice for Healthcare Professionals when Dealing with Something Rare
- Poverty medicine: General practice and vulnerable patients
- Shame and redemption
- The hidden art of reassurance
- Anxiety and the medical profession
- What is a 7 day NHS and what will it cost?
- Simple Isn’t Easy – changing the way the NHS communicates with patients
- Empathy and shame.
- Critical Reflection