From Peter Roderick
“The Mackay amendment is both dangerous and enlightening. It introduces a political,rather than a legal, statement as subsecton (a), which is unlikely to get past the Parliamentary draughtspersons. More importantly in (b) it makes clear that the focus of the new secton 1(2) is interventon by the giving of directons in the event of seven listed circumstances of failures, emergencies and breaches of duty to cooperate. This is a far cry from the current secton 1(2), and demonstrates the government’s intenton of removing the Secretary of State’s duty to provide or secure provision of health services in England. Although the Mackay amendment also refers to other functons, in this regard it is just like the government’s proposed section 1(2) in Clause 1, and offers nothing.”
- RT @drcotovelo: 4 takeaways from @commonwealthfnd report 1)NHS slips to 4th overall, lean on cost but mean on outcomes 2)Equality of access… 13 hours ago
- @NedHartley open.spotify.com/album/09rCHELh… 2 days ago
- @NedHartley Listen to Praise You: A Steve Reich Tribute Mix by K-Lone by Stamp The Wax on #SoundCloud soundcloud.app.goo.gl/4BQmH 2 days ago
- @AllenFrancesMD brainyquote.com/quotes/george_… 2 days ago
- RT @AllenFrancesMD: "Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity, nothing exceeds the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the… 2 days ago
- Sleeping Beauties: functional symptoms, ecology and trauma
- The Pain Free Mindset book review
- Trauma and Chronic Pain
- The Art of Not Running Away
- The good-enough doctor
- Where are the Patient feedback ethics?
- Empathy, Education and Respect: A Prescription for Racism in Medicine
- Finding fairhealth podcast Episode 14
- Consulting during Covid
- A month in primary care with Coronavirus: sudden death, end of life discussions, lockdown and inequalities.
- New kinds of heroes
- Trauma informed care in General Practice
- The Trauma World and The Healing World
- My psychology of pain
- The Exceptional Potential of General Practice
- Hope and salutogensis
- Reflections on medical culture and the Bawa Garba case
- Book list
- Dr Jonathan Tomlinson Law And Justice Interview – SoundCloud
- The Adverse Childhood Experiences evidence base–a wake up call to radically redesign Children’s Mental Health Services.
- What happens to empathy in medical education?
- Trauma and the self
- Trauma and testimony
- We need to talk about trauma
- What is a GP?